Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Eric Clapton

Eric Clapton's song "Tears In Heaven" has to be one of the saddest songs I know. It was written after a nine month grieving period following the tragic loss of his 4 year old son Conor. While Eric Calpton was staying with Conor's mother in a New York City apartment whom Clapton had never married, Conor accidentally fell 50 stories from a carelessly left open window. It's a sad song but one that makes you realize everyone is so human.

Tears In Heaven http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsJlAJvOSM


Another great Eric Clapton song that makes me think of my own beautiful wife is "Wonderful Tonight". He wrote this song in 1976 for girlfriend, and future wife, Patti as he waited for her to get ready for a night out. I don't wait long stretches for Wendy but I do understand the words and do think she looks wonderful every night!

Wonderful Tonight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCO8KkkmdIE

5 comments:

onelittlemustardseed said...

Hey Andy, I'm so glad you are finally taking the time to create your own blog. Especially since you love music, this is a great way for you to share what you like...I put you on my blog...I'm sure others will follow!

Love ya!

Alli Steen said...

SUCH a sad song andy! i think my favourite songs are sad songs and songs that our anthemic. :o)

shane magee said...

andy's a LEGEND!!!! here's to the end of emi/time warner compilations and to the start of true musical taste being birthed!! :o)

Elle Jay Bee said...

Hi Andy,
I never knew you were such a music buff...or so good with words!
I, too, love the Eric clapton song. How difficult that must have been for him to write.

Linda

Anonymous said...

EC is ok Andy--used to listen to his music when I was your age. Let me put my helmet on here first;;; now I'm COUNTRY!

GB